CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

THIS is why I feel like an old mommy!

Avrie is the only child at home during the day and she is bored stiff! She kept asking "when am I going to school" and I would say "when you're 5." But then... she discovered that her 4 year old friends were going to school.. so my answer wasn't good enough any more. I knew the library had story time.... but I thought it was only one day a week. It turns out, much to my pleasure, that they hold it 4 days a week for an hour each day! YAY!!! So now we have Avries "school" 4 days a week and she has a blast! They read stories, sing songs and do crafts.

Here lies the problem. The other mommies are these adorable size 2 young chicks and I feel like I look like Avires Grandmother! What makes me sad is that I realized.. I am the "old mother"! My poor daughter is going to go to school and the kids will say "how old is your mom" and the answers will be "24 or 26 or maybe even 34" but then the kids will hear a quiet little "44". ACK! Poor Avrie... she has to deal with an overweight AND old mom! Oh well... I guess I just better figure out how to be the awesome fun mom that the other kids will love despite the size and age differences with their own moms!

2 comments:

WaMommy said...

Kim,

Those 24 or 26 year old moms can't even hold a candle next to you and how amazing you are. Averie is the luckiest kid of all to have such a great mom, especially one who will bring her to the library for story time every day!!!! Seriously, you have always amazed me.
Kelley

kimpope08 said...

Kelley... I just now saw this.. thank you so much for your sweet words. I needed them!