CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

She Makes My Heart Happy


My sweet Devyn. Sometimes this kid gets a bad wrap because she's stubborn. But do you know what? She happens to be one of the sweetest kids I know. First we have the story of her giving up her prized baby swing for her new niece (it was a good 12" too small.. but..) and now today, a new sweet story.

A couple of my girls are bored stiff. Arryn and Devyn happen to be the only girls in our area in their age group so sometimes life just isn't fair for them. Avrie and Madison are invited to party after party because there are so many kids their age, but poor Arryn and Devyn just sit at home. Well today, Avrie has a birthday party to go to. Rather than begrudge her sister, Devyn has spent the day going through her stuff to find something for Avrie to give her friend. She finally found the perfect gift. It's a beatiful Barbi Princess dress. She has painstakingly wrapped it up into a tight ball, covered it in paper and covered it in at least 15 feet of tape. She is now decorating Post It Notes to cover it with. When I said "Devyn, you know this party is for Avrie to go to" she just hugged me and said "I know, that's why I'm finding the perfect present for her to take".

I am so proud of this girl. I am so thrilled at the compassionate and sweet heart that she has. It gives me confidence that between her strong will and kind heart she will make a wonderful impact on this world!

1 comments:

Hillary said...

That is so sweet, Kim! Children sure have a way to melt our hearts!!